Why is Candidate Experience SO Important?
Candidate experience is the sum of all interactions a candidate has with your company during the hiring process. It includes everything from the first time they see your job posting to the moment they receive their job offer.
A positive candidate experience is essential for attracting and hiring top talent. Candidates who have a positive experience are more likely to apply for your jobs, interview with you, and accept your job offers.
Here are some of the benefits of a positive candidate experience:
- Increased applicant pool: A positive candidate experience can help you attract more qualified applicants.
- Shorter time to hire: A positive candidate experience can help you shorten the time it takes to hire the right candidate.
- Reduced costs: A positive candidate experience can help you reduce the costs associated with hiring, such as travel expenses and recruiter fees.
- Improved employee retention: Candidates who have a positive experience with your company are more likely to stay with your company once they are hired.
How Can You Improve Your Candidate Experience?
There are many things you can do to improve your candidate experience. Here are a few tips:
- Be clear and transparent about the hiring process. If you use one-way videos let them know that it’s the initial stage interview and it’s to screen out people faster. But not to worry, the cream of the crop always rise in video itnerviews. Let them know that it’s to get to them quicker.
- Provide timely and informative communication with candidates.
- Be respectful of candidates’ time which one-way video interviews do effectively.
- Use technology to make the hiring process easier and more efficient such as with ClipDrops video itnerviewing software.
- Personalize the candidate experience which you can incorporate into ClipDrops initial video intro to the prospective candidate.
- Follow up with candidates after the interview.
How Can ClipDrop Help You Improve Your Candidate Experience?
ClipDrop is a one-way video interviewing software that can help you improve your candidate experience in a number of ways:
- It allows candidates to record their responses to your questions at their own convenience, which saves them time and hassle. In other words, they don’t have to drive anywhere to meet with you, all they need is an internet connection and they can conduct the interview on their phone. This is especially useful for busy schedules, traffic concerns, timezone differences and is especially useful for someone who has commitments but can’t get away from the daily chores of life.
- It provides you with a transcript of each candidate’s response, so you can easily review their answers. And eliminates accusations of bias. But there will always be bias, you’re looking for the best candidate, you can’t eliminate it.
- It allows you to track candidates’ progress through the interview process, so you can make informed decisions about who to move forward with far quicker. You can get through 30 interviews in an evening, rate them and know who to go forward with the next day.
- It is easy to use and affordable, so you can start using it right away to improve your candidate experience. It also eliminates the need for an assistant to do all your calls and appointment settings, it’s more affordable than another employee.
Time to hire and the candidate experience
- Companies spend too much money on hiring services when they could have saved money by using one-way video interviews from the beginning
- Candidates feel like they’ve wasted their time after going through multiple rounds of interviews only to be rejected because they didn’t meet all of the qualifications or experience (even though those qualifications were never communicated)
It’s important that companies take steps towards improving how well they communicate what it takes to get hired. This ensures that both sides can understand each other better and avoid a negative candidate/client experience.
This is precisely why ClipDrop.io allows you to upload introduction videos, meet the team video and job overview videos. The candidate can familiarize themselves with your company. It is best to have a prepared and motivated candidate, don’t you agree?
One-way interview software can help improve your candidate experience, save money and reduce the time to hire.
One-way video interviewing is an excellent way to communicate with candidates, as it’s more convenient for both parties.
- They don’t have to travel for the interviews and can do it from home or work even. They can do a video interview on their phone during lunch.
- They can interview at a time that works best for them, the inconvenience factor is eliminated. And so is the “Oh, I forgot! Can we reschedule?”
- There are no travel expenses involved in one-way video interviews (no flights or hotels).
- Employers can save money by reducing the number of people required on-site during screening events and hiring processes, which helps reduce overhead costs related to travel as well as provides more flexibility with interview scheduling and logistics.
- Hiring managers can keep working and catch up on interviews when they are having lunch.
So, why choose ClipDrop over any other software?
That’s an easy question to answer.
- Most one-way video interview software providers require that the candidate download an app in order to record their responses. ClipDrop.io is bowser-based.
- You get to load professional introduction, meet the team, and job overview videos. This helps create a wonderful candidate preparation experience. You can also use it to post job vacancies on social media, widening your talent pool tremendously as people share these videos. You can share it on Facebook or Linkedin. And it gets your brand out there.
- Unlike most one-way video interviewing software, your questions can now be in a video format and not just text-driven. Roughly 20% of text-driven interview questions are misinterpreted. Just think about how you have read a WhatsApp message incorrectly in the past, well the same happens with text questions. Now a candidate can listen to tonality and interpret body language in order to better understand the question.
There’s no way to know for sure what motivates someone to give up on your brand, but you can’t afford the risk of having candidates drop mentally before they even complete an interview. That’s where ClipDrop.io comes in. They’re a great way to make sure that every candidate has a positive experience with your company and an impressive way to communicate what it’s like working there. As a final note CareerPlug recently reports that 58% of candidates that declines an offer do so because of a negative candidate experience. In a controlled study, more than 40% of candidates referred to text-driven one-way video interviews as being a negative experience. However, and in sharp contrast, more than 95% of candidates referend to a good to brilliant experience when exposed to ClipDrop.
If you’re looking for a way to improve your candidate experience and hire top talent, then ClipDrop is the perfect solution for you.
Sign up for a free trial today and see how ClipDrop can help you hire better candidates faster. Because let’s face it, time, speed and efficiency is everything these days. Don’t get left behind.
< Back to Home